Monday, May 16, 2011

Almost Finished, But Not Quite

It took me all week and I’m close, really, really close, but not quite finished with the master bath re-do.

I’m still on the hunt for mirrors. Mirrors that won’t break my already empty bank. Mirrors are NOT cheap – at least the ones I’m looking for aren’t.

I’ll tell you a little secret… I’m not as happy with this make-over as I was with the last bath make-over. I’m not exactly sure why, but I have a pretty good idea. I think it’s a combination of the wall color and the cabinets.

Here’s a peek at what I’ve been doing.

DSCN0781

I love goats milk soap. It’s pretty to look at and great to use. I think you’re really going to like this little rough cabinet. It’s got lots of character for a ‘new’ piece. It’ a Home Goods find

DSCN0772Don’t you love this lidded jar? Don’t tell my kids, but I’m hiding emergency chocolate under the cotton balls. This jar and the soap dish above I scored at Home Goods for real cheap.

.DSCN0773

New $5 lampshade from Tuesday Morning for my old lamp from the “other” bathroom.DSCN0779

I’ve changed all the door and drawer handles. Found these rubbed bronze ones at Target. If the screws had been the right length for my doors and drawers it would have been a perfect deal. Since they weren’t I had to buy new screws that were NOT very cheap.

I used the same metallic brown (Eagle by Martha Stewart for Home Depot) that I used in my guest bath make-over. Here’s a helpful hint: number or somehow label your cabinet doors and hinges. They aren’t necessarily interchangeable. DSCN0777

I looked a long time for a shower curtain. When I saw this one at Home Goods I knew it would work. The scroll work and bottom border are an antique gold color. It works well with the metallic brown vanity and is complimented nicely with my little lampshade above, don’t you think?

The only thing I don’t like about it is that it’s “recommended dry clean only”. That doesn’t make any sense at all for a shower curtain…DSCN0776

This is also the print for our new comforter set. I found it at Tuesday Morning as well.DSCN0782

I think this is the part I don’t like… The blue cabinets. We can talk about it later. I have some thoughts…DSCN0775

In my past life I had a career as a dental hygienist. I don’t wear dentures… just collect antique dental stuff – even denture powders. My favorite is my antique medicine bottles – most especially the Listerine bottles.DSCN0780

I’m really excited to show you what I have planned for the toilet paper. I know that sounds a little weird, but you’ll understand when you see it…

Be patient with me… I want you to see the total picture soon. Believe me! I working to resolve my mirror issue as quickly as I can. They’re going to make or break the room. Pun sorta intended.

1 comment:

  1. Having seen it in person I can say you've done a great job. The cabinet color is easy enough to change. I'm so happy that you've been able to finally get this project almost behind you. I love the colors you chose. Gorgeous! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. It warms my heart that you would take the time to comment. Well... If you said something nice it warms my heart...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...